Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Road Goes Ever On and On...and On...and On....

I'm feeling a little like Bilbo right now.  I've even shaved my feet, but that didn't seem to help.  (Although it did help my Mister not cower in fear anymore when I take off my socks.) I've been working on my variegated project to just git-r-done, but it's a pretty monotonous two-row repeat ripple all done in dc and chain stitches. Since the yarn is sock weight, the length just doesn't seem like it's getting long enough fast enough for the number of stitches in it. I don't even think blocking is going to get the length I was envisioning for it, which means....I really should listen to the voices in my head, just this once, and frog the sucker so I can start all over again. Granted, I'm just obsessive stubborn  dedicated enough to finish it off to see if maybe, just maybe, it will be long enough.  And just to prove those voices wrong so I can laugh in their faces with my sweet, sweet triumph. Victory will be mine, witches! Muahahahahaha!

Ahem.

My other project- my Geekling's blanket- is something I'm very excited about and I can't wait to see it completed.  However, for far too many rows of the blanket, it's a pretty boring length of Tunisian simple stitch.  It will all be worth it (the voices keep telling me) but for now it's a mite bit repetitive.  I can't wait til I start on the color work, which is what is fueling my obsession right now.  "I'm another row closer....another row closer... another row...great googly moogly!  How many stinking rows are there??!?"

So, hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to show you what I've been working on- either a finished variegated project, or a newly rewound ball of Squooshy that I'll auction off on Ebay after stomping on it like a petulant child.  Geekling's blanket will take a little longer, but that one will definitely get finished.

I am already planning for this Finish Friday- I do need to line my Watermelon Tote since the auction is Saturday. I don't think I'll be able to do much more than that since a dear friend of mine has just had emergency surgery and I've volunteered to take her family a couple lasagnas for dinner. (She's married with 4 boys- 3 of them teenagers. Prayers for her are greatly appreciated.  Also for her recovery.)

Take it away, Bilbo.

Roads go ever ever on,
Over rock and under tree,
By caves where never sun has shone,
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.
                       J.R.R. Tolkien

Stitches go ever ever on,
Over hook and under me,
By couches where never vacuum has gone,
By cats that always seem to see;
Over projects my hands have done
And through the woolly messes strewn,
Over pillows and my hun,
And under tables all afternoon
                         GegeCrochet

3 comments:

  1. Lol. Woman you crax my junx up! Go'hea wit yo bad self!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your friend and the family!

    Keep on keeping on Mama!

    kuddles

    ReplyDelete
  3. lyteyz- I iz funny sometimez. :D

    kuddles- thank you so much for the prayers- I know they really appreciate them!!

    ReplyDelete