Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How Do You Spell Relief? S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G

Online shopping, that is.  Come on- I had to relax and recoup from an insane couple of weeks. Do you honestly think that going into a store would help me with that?  I *hate* shopping.  (Yarn, book, and grocery shopping are the only exceptions.) Granted, I did have to go into an actual store this weekend since I am woefully low on clothes that fit my ever expanding body.  Let's just say my "girls" spell relief: n-o-m-o-r-e-q-u-a-d-r-o-b-o-o-b.

I've finally been able to rest up and put the craziness of Children's Day at the Mall behind me. Well, almost. As I told Tracy and Kuddles in the comments from last post, I could always use some more sleep. Especially since I may have been a leeeetle eensy weensy bit crankier than normal recently. Lack of sleep, stress, raging pregnancy hormones...not a pretty picture.  I was feeling like Hallmark's Maxine and was just hoping for a neighbor kid to wander onto my yard so I could shake my fist and yell, "Hey! Get off the lawn! *muttering* Crazy kids these days have no respect...  And pick up that dog turd!"  I also seem to use a New York accent when I tell them that. With a gravelly old lady smoker voice. (No- I wasn't testing out my gravelly old lady voice just now. Shut up.)

Something else has been really bothering me a lot lately- a huge pain in my butt.  Literally. My tailbone has been killing me for some time and my lower back has also been acting up from all the standing from the fruit preparation/cooking I've been doing. I was hoping to find a donut pillow at Target or something but no such luck. I did order a coccyx pillow (online!) and am anxiously awaiting it- hopefully tomorrow or Thursday.  I also think I'll crochet a pillow cover for it so that when people see me lugging it around everywhere I go, instead of thinking, "I wonder what's wrong with her butt?" they'll think, "That's cute! And the pillow ain't bad, either." Teehee! (I'm serious about the pillow cover- I have one in mind that's making me giggle and I hope it'll look as good in real life as it does in my head. Teehee, again!)

In other shopping news:

My blocking wires arrived but I've not yet had time to utilize them for my Squooshy project. Hopefully Finish Friday will remedy that little problem.  Granted, I still need to find "wool wash" to soak it in so I can block it correctly.  Argh. Now I know why I've never blocked anything. I hate shopping. And, I'm too lazy.

I had also ordered a few books- I start feeling overwhelmed and I start sneaking back into my ultimate escape zone. With crochet designing you have to think and plot and calculate and frog and curse. Books let you escape everything in real life and let you live vicariously through someone else's, whether real or imaginary. Thus, I read Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair by Crazy Aunt Purl. She was a person I was recommended to follow on Twitter, so I did. I did not know at the time that she ran an insanely successful blog and was also an author. I just thought she was a funny lady who would tweet back to me after I responded to her tweets. I checked out her blog and that's where I found out about her book and, since I was in a money spending mood and Amazon just happened to be opened on my computer, I ordered her book. I then read it in one sitting. I laughed. I cried. It moved me, Bob.  I heart her. 

I also ordered two crochet books. One I've been wanting for a while- it's Kim Guzman's Learn to Do Tunisian Lace Stitches and it also comes with a DVD that shows step by step how to do the stitches. Like my own personal Kim Guzman Youtube channel.  I lurves it!  As some of you may know, I'm pretty good with Tunisian crochet color work. However, I've only ever used Tunisian simple stitch and really wanted to try my hand at other Tunisian stitches. I can't wait to start on some of these stitch patterns! (Btw: she's working on a new book (or two?) but may have just been inspired by my little Geekling to create Tunisian Baby Clothes. SQUEE!! Those will be awesome, indeed. Need to start practicing those new stitches! You too! Buy the book!)

The other crochet book is Crochet So Fine by Kristin Omdahl.  There are so many gorgeous patterns in this book; however, I bought it primarily for the Shimmer Beaded Lace Cape.



Yes, it's another wrap, but I can actually picture myself wearing this one. I may have also pictured myself wearing huge Jackie-O glasses with a Holly Golightly cigarette holder casually held in the air. Note to self: start smoking. All the cool kids are doing it.  (Don't judge me. How else am I supposed to get my gravelly old lady voice?? Have you heard my voice? An admin assistant at my Mister's work thought I was 12. When I get riled up, I start speaking at 400 words per minute and my pitch keeps getting higher and higher. When the dogs start howling, I know it's in the Minnie Mouse on helium range. Although, if I start smoking, I may die of lung cancer or emphysema or, even worse, get premature wrinkles. *shudder* Maybe Minnie Mouse isn't so bad.)

I also bought a prenatal yoga DVD and am going to try it for the first time tonight and am hoping the stretching will help out with my tailbone/back pain. Ok...actually I'm not going to try it tonight. I've been typing too much while sitting on my butt and now it's time to go to bed. Argh.  Oh well- Downwind Farting Dog pose will just have to wait till tomorrow.

Get off my lawn!

6 comments:

  1. LOL is all I can say for this post! Girl! You SO funny! I think the baby is making you even funnier!

    I think it is time for an updated photo of you showing your belly, don't you? Well even if YOU don't, we do!

    I've heard of the tailbone pain thing....having never been preggers, I don't know about it first thing....but does NOT sound like fun!

    Later tator!
    kuddles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm glad I could put a smile on your morning. :) Pictures, you say? Hmmmm......we'll see. (Vanity Fair nude cover, anyone?) (EEEEEEEK!) Yeah- the tailbone thing is NOT fun at all. I'm constantly getting up/sitting back down at work which just exacerbates it. I hurtz. Hopefully that pillow will do the trick! If it ever gets here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy the book! I just finished one book and I'm "on the hook" for two more. Hopefully I can squeeze in the baby clothes because that would be awesome. I love baby clothes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Kim! I love the book and can't wait to get started on those new stitches. :) I really want to do the Symphony Capelet- it's so cute and I think that by making it a tad longer/wider, it would make a great nursing cover. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok! I FINALLY read this blog. As ALWAYS, you crack my junx up sista slam! Although I KNOW I don't need to say this, I'm going to anyway: STAY AWAY FROM THE SMOKING YO! I will slap you silly! I mean it!

    I love the Crochet so Fine book and I can't wait to see how your shawl/wrap turns out. I so envy all the talented people out there who can create such amazing works of art...including YOU my friend! Its all so inspiring!

    ...and I want to see the tunisian book...we talked so much the other night I forgot to steal it from you and sneak a peek...just like we always "forget" to crochet when we get together...to busy solving the worlds problems, I guess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally!! Now I hope you will see why your "una-boob" comment had me cracking up. :D And, yes, mama- I do solemnly swear to stay away from the cancer sticks. Let's get together again soon so we can actually get some crocheting done....and watch Kim's Tunisian stitch videos together! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete