Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Sooo...I tend to be VERY impulsive. Case in point...yesterday. I had just finished a shoot- we actually finished early, so I had loads of time to spare in the afternoon. Spare time and I don't really mesh well together...either I have a plan for the day, or I get panic attacks thinking, "Ack! I have so much to do and I have no idea where to start! I guess I'll get the nap out of the way..."

But, I didn't want to take a nap yesterday. Well, actually I did since I love to nap and I can usually ALWAYS sleep- anytime, anywhere. It's a gift I got from my dad. I literally slept through 2 earthquakes and only awakened because my dear, brave, gallant hubby was frantically shaking me and yelling, "Wake up woman! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" He's my Foxy Loxy- Rawr! But I digress.

Yesterday I impulsively decided, "I'm going to chop my hair off."


Princess Toadstool ("Peach" kinda sounds weird to me) approves. (That's my newest scarf I'm working on...almost finished...Mario was lonely)

It's REALLY short! I haven't had it this short since...well basically 6 years ago. I had an impulsive day that time, too. I left work and saw a beauty parlor and went in. Came out missing about a foot of hair.

I have let my hair grow since then with just a trim here and there. About a year and a half ago, it was down to my waist. I chopped 14 inches off and it was still past my shoulders. I let it grow again, with just a trim now and then...and yesterday chopped off a good foot of hair. I actually didn't realize it was that long. I am sad to say that I didn't think to tell her to donate it to Locks of Love (which I did last year). Impulsivity does have it drawbacks sometimes.

Since I let my hair grow, I had all my headshots taken with it long, so I didn't want to cut it and not match my pictures. Then, I was shooting Lilly's Thorn this summer, so I had to have the same hair length for the duration of the film. I've become really bored with the long hair! Enough with the long hair! My name is NOT Rapunzel! (Though that would be cool.)

Thankfully, my hubby approves. He's always been a long-hair lover, but I think even he was bored with my long hair. Gotta keep it new and exciting, ya know? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment