Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I love Christmas!

Ok- I'll admit, I haven't been in the Christmas spirit all that much in the last couple of years. Oh, I've always loved Christmas, but I think the youthful anticipation of Christmas hasn't been as strong for me recently. However, this year has been different. Perhaps it's because I've gotten more involved with the youth ministry at my church (going to Winter Camp Jan. 1-4. Totally can't wait). Or, perhaps it's because with my sister being here, Christmas memories from my childhood just seem to burble out of me. Whatever the reason, my heart has grown 2 sizes this year and I'm so thankful for it. I'm really getting into the mood this year and have felt more like Bob Cratchit rather than Scrooge while shopping and decorating.

Some of the fun we've had is making candy cane reindeer for my sister's class she teaches at church. Here's a sampling of what we came up with:




















We had so much fun! My husband is actually quite a crafty fella- he created some of the cooler ones up there including the # 1 Fan Deer, Santa Deer, and Rhianna (with her umbrella, ella, ella.) My personal faves are the one with glasses (named Maude), and the one with a green trucker hat named John Deer. Hee. We do have a lot of fun in our house :)

On the crocheting front, I have been on a scarf rampage. I'll be posting in the next day or two a plethora of pictures of all I've been doing.

Until then, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a bright, wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment