Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lilly's Daisy Apron

I crocheted this apron for a movie I filmed this summer. It's called, "Lilly's Thorn" and I played Lilly. My first ever starring role! Yes Mr. DeMille, I am ready for my close up!

Crochet Apron

Lilly is a flower shop owner, so when I saw this apron, I thought, "That would be absolutely PERFECT for Lilly!" But, the director didn't like pink for the camera. Oh poo. (Considering I spent the most amount of time in a very pink shirt for the shoot, I guess having a pink apron would be a little overkill.) He preferred her to have a green apron, so this is what I came up with. The green and white stripes actually are from a self striping cotton from Lily Sugar and Cream- aww yeah- see how I even incorporated my character's name into the very yarn I used?? I am just THAT devoted to my craft(s)! I am a Method actor AND crocheter! Take THAT James Dean!

Here's the flower detail:

crochet apron's flower detail

And, here's an action shot! (from my kitchen...not from the movie....as if the absolutely mind blowing photography didn't give it away.)

Utilizing my apron

Actually, if you go to www.oldvafilms.com and click on "Current Works" and scroll in the photos, you can see a pic of me (as Lilly), and this crocheted apron, in action. YAY!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! You crochet, movie star. Wow. I see yarn named after you... ;)

    ReplyDelete