Sunday, January 11, 2009

Time Flies When it's Being Wasted

W.O.W. It has been a while since I've updated. I've not been a slouch crochet-wise. I think I mentioned that I had been crocheting scarves in my last update- eons ago. I also finished a blanket for a friend of mine- a round ripple. I do love those things. :) Unfortunately, I didn't get a pic of the blanket before I gave it to her. :( I hope to get a picture the next time I'm at her house.

I actually just started exercising again after a 3 month hiatus. I had to take some time off due to my knees being in daily excruciating pain. I thought it was Lyme's Disease since I was viciously attacked by a tick lethally trained in Ninjitsu back in May 2008 and the symptoms started appearing in July...it was the right timing. But, the blood test came back negative. So, I decided to take time off exercising in case it was a sports injury. Nope- that didn't work. My husband finally talked me into seeing my regular Dr. (something about him not liking being married to an 80 year old who had to be assisted everytime she stood up) and she agreed to put me on antibiotics to see if it would help. It did! So, I guess I did have Lyme's disease. However, my right knee still hurts from time to time (not when I exercise or move, but when I get up from a crossed leg position.) I finished my antibiotics about 3 weeks ago and should have started exercising again right away....I blame my lack of getting back into the swing of things on the Holidays. Yeah- that's the ticket.

But, it's now day 3 back into my exercise routine....DEAR GOD I HURT! I'm happy to report that I've been able to finish a 3 mile run (more or less...there might have been some walking intermixed whilst I tried to suppress the gasping and weezing and manually jump start my heart) and some weights and crunches. "Crunches" are aptly named- it's the sound my ribs make as I try to extract them from my spleen when I get off the floor. After Day 1, I couldn't laugh, cough, or fart without my rectus abdominus seizing into a vice-grip strangle hold on my internal organs. Seriously...why do I like exercising again???

Alright...I need to shower and spend time with my main man....Ben Gay....if I can make it upstairs....

No comments:

Post a Comment