Tuesday, January 31, 2012

AND WHOOSH! A Month Disappears

So, wow. I can't believe how quickly January disappeared, taking me with it. I've had so many different blog posting ideas bouncing around in my brain but then, just like *that*, I'm thinking about cheese again. (I think I may die if I don't get a slice of pizza in the very near future.)

We have all been sick this past week which is never fun, but when it's your 6 month old's first cold of his life and he wakes you up at 2:30 in the morning with a croupy cough, it pretty much sucks monkey balls. Although, I was able to have an enlightening talk with my BFF Lyteyz and learned an important lesson in breastfeeding a sick child. Y'all can credit Lyteyz with coining the term "Booger Boobs." I've thankfully not had to experience that glorious benefit of breastfeeding since Little Mister only had a cough. I ended up with all the rest of the cold symptoms so I pretty much feel like death right now. And since it's summertime in the Land of Oz, I don't know if I have a fever or if my head is hot simply because, based on the temperatures, this is the land Down Under Hell. It's been over 100 degrees for most of the past 2 months and I have discovered something very important about myself- I DO NOT like the hot. DO NOT.  It is a "dry heat" and so instead of being drenched in my sweat, it dries very quickly leaving me salty and smelling like the wrong end of a dingo.  DO NOT LIKE THE HOT.

Luckily things will start to cool down in about a month or so, so I'll hopefully finally be able to step outdoors and go on walks with Little Mister again. (Actually, just checked the weather and it looks like the next two days are going to be only in the low 90's which means we may be able to go for a walk in the morning! YAY!)

I've been on a crochet binge as I'm working on my "Secret Project" and I hope to have it finished by the end of next week since we're going to go on a mini holiday (Ha! I'm so Aussie now!) at the end of the month. We're going to visit Brisbane and the Gold Coast and I'm sooooo excited about it! I've already staked out some yarn stores I want to check out and hope to find some yummy Australian wool which would be great!

For now, I am working with the Lion Fisherman's Wool and I must say I'm loving it. It's my first wool project that isn't supposed to be felted, so of course I'm worried sick I'm going to accidentally felt it before sending it off and then I'll not be published and then my life will be ruined. (Whaaat? Melodramatic?? Moi?!?)

Anywho...I had more to say but now I can't remeber because there was a commercial for cheddar. So. You know.

Ok, y'all. I hope your 2012 is going well so far!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gege! Missed ya! So glad you are alive and well....well......

    We have been sick here too for the past week! Guess it isn't just an Aussie thing!

    Can't wait to see your secret project! I'm sure it will be wonderful!

    Have fun on your trip! Sounds like a blast!

    Oh and pizza is a food group. Just saying.

    kuddles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kuddles! UGH! I think it's a January thing- I think I've been sick every January for the last few years. I hope y'all get better soon! And, I totally agree about the pizza thing. It's always been my favorite food and I'm having a wicked hard time waiting out Little Mister's allergy. Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon! Yes! January just zipped by. Hilarious, it's one of the longest months (31 days) and yet just flew right by. Get well soon!! PS: I found that elderberry losenges really help a lot to quiet croupy coughs (I've been battling pneumonia and the after effects since returning from India on 1/21). Also, allegedly the elderberry losenges have a lot of vitamin C and other goodies in them to help battle colds and flu. They're sweet-tart, but work. THere's also a syrup out there, but I can't comment upon that as I haven't tried it.

    ReplyDelete