Saturday, September 18, 2010

Checking in

Hey y'all- so, I don't have pics of FO to post (no fully finished FO to photo- need to get cranking on that sewing machine!), but just wanted to give a quick check in.

My trip back "home" was quite intense- hospitals, funerals, and lawyers are never fun.  It was great seeing my friends and family- especially my brother.  But, I must admit, I was very eager to get back to my Mister and our home.  So, here's just a run-down of what's been going on:

1) I was given a Versatile Blogger Award by the fabulous Libby a couple weeks ago and haven't had the time to pass on the love- hopefully this weekend.  I need to pass it on to other bloggers who are also "versatile."  I've come to the realization that I need to be better at bookmarking places I've been to- I've come across some great and interesting blogs and now have to do some googling to find them again!  I may end up going through folks who have commented here and linking back to them.  Or to others that have linked back to me since they've used my patterns.  So, I've got to some investigating to do......nonetheless, Thank you, Libby!!

2) I've been battling...something...since I left NM.  I don't have allergies, but that's what I thought it could be at first.  I tried a Neti Pot type thing- flushing out mucus from your sinuses is soooo fun- and instead of making me feel better, I ended up feeling worse the next day.  And water logged.  Now I'm coughing and just plain old tired.  Tired, snotty, sick, and cranky.  And impatient.  And cranky.  Argh.

3) I've been working feverishly on 2 patterns- one's the Coco Bag- it came out just like I imagined it would and I can't wait to find the right accessories to finish it so I can show it off.  And, I'm almost done with the second one so the pattern is almost complete.  Yay!  The other is the Flower Bag- I NEED to finish this one by next weekend (I need it for a wedding next weekend), so this one takes priority.  And it's beautiful.  I just hope those color catcher things work when I felt it this weekend.  Because I'm cranky and that won't make things better.

4) Yesterday I visited one of my LYS- Never Enough Yarn in Winchester, VA- and I was carrying my Chocolate Strawberry Tote.  The ladies were ooohing and ahhhing over it and were astounded that I not only designed it but I crocheted it. HA!  So, I showed them some pics of my work.  They said I should write patterns.  They said I should teach a class. They said I should have my own TV show.  Yeah- that store is filled with the smartest women in the whole world. So, next month, I will be teaching my first Tunisian Crochet Class!  WOOT!!  If you are in the Winchester area and are interested in learning Tunisian Crochet, come on by!  Dates to be confirmed in the very near future.

Ok, I think that's it.  Back to being a cranky crocheter who needs to finish her laundry and clean her house before her Mister comes home and sees it messy and then he becomes cranky, too.  Argh.

PS: here's something that makes me smile amidst my crankiness.  A pic of my sis and me when we were kids- one bright spot in my trip home was being able to get copies of old photos. :)

Why is the room upside down?

No comments:

Post a Comment