Thursday, June 10, 2010

Testing....Testing.....Is This Thing On?

Ok, Ok...so I pulled another 2 month disappearing act.  Honestly- I did not intend for this to happen.  I wrote a mock-up blog post 1 week after my last post explaining what happened (I wrote another one about 3 weeks ago as a "short" check-in, as well.....).  However, I wrote it at work (during my lunch break---- for reals) and then just never got to re-typing my extremely long post once I got home.  Then, one week turned into two...turned into 4.......turned into 2 months.  Just like a "short" hiatus from exercising tends to exponentially multiply after the first missed workout, so did my blog life.  And I got the obligatory 5 pounds on my butt, as well.  Perhaps it has something to do with a 2 month hiatus from the rest of my life, as well.

It started out one week after my last post with a surprise visit from my dad, one of his brothers and their friend.  They decided to do a 3 week drive across America to see all the sites (sights??), including DC which meant a 1-week's head's up that they were coming and wanted some homemade Green Chile Enchiladas when they got here.  (If you're from New Mexico, you understand.  If not, then I feel sorry for you.)

Well, as I told you oh.....2 months ago- my in-laws were coming in June and I had a mountain of cleaning up to get through.  Well, their trip has come and- as of this morning- has now gone.  It was a great trip and I'm truly sad to see them go.  We were able to get through *most* of the reorganization needed to get our house in tip-top shape.  Actually, I'm extremely proud of the amount of transformation our house went through.  I did need a blogging break to get through this since, well...blogging takes a heck of a lot of time!  This monumental transformation began over a month ago with my sister moving from our basement into an apartment with 2 of her friends.  Man- that was hard.  We had just celebrated her birthday (no Marilyn surprise from me this time....moving is hard work!) It was difficult leaving my baby sister many moons ago when I got married, but it was even harder to have her now move out into her own place.  I'll always be her older, overprotective sister and I truly do miss her.  She's only 30 minutes away and lives 5 minutes from our church, so I get to see her every week.....however, seeing her only once a week doesn't quite compare to every day of living with my best friend (second only to my Mister). 

In addition to this, one of my dad's brothers passed away and we were *thiiiiiiis* close to also losing his mother (my sole surviving grandparent) at the same time.  It was a tough month in Chez GegeCrochet.  To top all this off, I was dealing with some medical issues and was on a medication that made me a walking zombie.  Seriously- I had no motivation to do anything!  I haven't crocheted in over ONE MONTH!  WHAT??!?!?!  I KNOW!!!!!!  That's insane! That's how much this stupid medication impacted my life.  I was serious when I said I took a hiatus from life.  I'm happy to say that I am no longer on this medication (with physician approval) and am now looking forward to getting my life back into order.  I'm afraid my fingers are going to forget how to hold my beloved crochet hooks when I finally pick them up tomorrow.  (Yes- tomorrow......not tonight.  I'm posting and then am going to watch the new Alice in Wonderland with my Mister.  I saw it in the theater with my sister and absolutely L.O.V.E.D it!)

On the crocheting front, I finished one purse that had been ordered in March.  I started it in March and finished it 2 weeks ago.  I HATE this stupid medication.

Sadly, I have not finished my Cat Booby Bag- I have about 30 minutes of work left to finish it off and have been carrying it around in my purse for 2 months and have not had the motivation to finish it.  I FREAKIN' HATE this mediation.

My Mister and I also celebrated our anniversary in May which can be summed up with 2 days worth of shopping at Ikea.  I live near-ish 2 different Ikeas- one in Woodbridge, VA and one in College Park, MD.  We visited them both.  In 2 different days.  I don't know if I've ever mentioned this but, I do not like to go shopping.  Unless it is a craft/yarn store, a book store, or a grocery store, I really do NOT enjoy shopping.  I was raised doing drywall with my dad during my formative teen years rather than learning the fine art of shopping with my mom and sister.  I do not enjoy it, Sam I Am.....  However, my Mister and I were able to find some great deals on some furniture for our guest room just in time for his parent's visit.  It was also nice to spend time with my Mister who has been working crazy hours during the months of April and May.  I missed him.  Granted, we got to spend some quality time together for our anniversary when we received our copy of Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii......look up awesome in the dictionary....you will find this game.  AWE-SOME.

Soooo.....to sum it all up.  April and May pretty much sucked.  However, there were a couple of bright spots and things are looking up.  My in-law's visit marked a turning point in this year.  I have a newly cleaned and semi-organized house in which I'll be able to start getting my life back in order.  My Mister is no longer working crazy hours and we now have our house all to our lonesome, which, even though I truly do miss my sister, I must admit is quite.....ummm.....enjoyable.  Teehee!

I am really looking forward to getting my hooks-on.  I have a couple of new projects brewing and can't wait to bring them to life!  That is good news indeed- it means that this STUPID MEDICATION is now out of my system. 

I'm back.  That means more frequent updates- I missed y'all!  Heck, I missed me!  I'm really hoping to actually finish some projects (heck....even starting some projects!!) and I can't wait to share them with you. :)  I hope your spring has gone a heck of a lot better than mine!  Thank the Lord it's summer!! :)

Until next time.....and I promise it won't be in August. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Gege-

    Thanks for the update. WOW! I'm exhausted from reading your post.

    Glad to read your off the medicine, the guests have left and you can get back to crocheting and enjoying your Mister.

    Look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks Tracy. ;) Yeah....it was an exhausting couple of months. Can't wait to get some projects posted!!

    ReplyDelete