Monday, September 17, 2012

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes

Thank you all for all of your kind words and thoughts during this tough time- I truly appreciate it. It has been a tough time for me lately and, unfortunately, my dad’s death wasn’t the beginning but just icing on the cake, as it were. It’s been a tough year, really. Well, a tough couple years, actually, but this past year has been especially trying, I must admit.

Today marks the one year anniversary of our move to Australia. I can’t believe it’s been a whole year that we’ve been Down Under. I can’t believe Little Mister is already a year old- where did the time go?

And that’s part of the problem. I’m truly not sure where the time has gone because I have felt like I’ve been living in a cloud for the past year and these past two months have been the cloudiest of the bunch. Sure, there have been times when the sun would break through the clouds and I’d have moments of light, laughter, and joy, but unfortunately those sunny days have been few and far between as of late and I’m starting to look like sun-deprived Gollum. Metaphorically- in my heart- I mean. I’m too darn really, really, ridiculously good looking to look like him in real life. I mean, I have at least five teeth, so come on.

Well, there has been more stuff going on in these last couple months than just dealing with my dad’s passing. Yes, it’s added to the clouds, but it’s also the reason some light is starting to break through once again. It’s quite life changing, quite honestly, so I’ll share it all with you in the upcoming week. That’s one thing I want to do to start letting the light shine again- blogging more. I’ve not been able to see the funny in life recently, but yet when I sit down and start letting the words flow on paper, somehow the funny, no matter how small or absurd, sneaks in there and I need to see and feel that again.

One bright spot this past year has always been Little Mister. Even in those very very VERY sleep deprived days, he’s always managed to make us smile and laugh. I’m happy to report that, as of our return from New Mexico last month, he’s FINALLY been sleeping through the night. You know, God promised that He’d not give us more than we can handle and I honestly believe that He knew I couldn’t handle more sleep deprivation on top of everything else lately so He miraculously let him start sleeping through the night as soon as we returned home. It could be the bourbon I’ve been sneaking in his sippy cup at night, but I choose to believe it was answered prayer.

So, once again, thank you all for your kindness. Here’s hoping this one year anniversary marks the beginning of some bright, sun-shining days. Whatever these days may bring, I think I’m ready to attack it Gangnam Style. Because, really, if I could dance as awesomely as that, I could conquer the world.




(Am I the only one who, when he says, "Heeeeeey sexay laday!" feels like he's speaking directly to me? It's like my own, personal Korean love song and it makes me feel beautiful, man. *sniff*)

5 comments:

  1. OK...I'm so glad your finding your "funny" through blogging.

    Gangnam Style...OH EM GEE!!! Hilarious. So SNL did a skit about that this past weekend (I highly recommend you try and check it out on the website) and I didn't really get it, although I did think it was funny, until I saw this video JUST NOW. HI-larious! I love how he's gansta rapping while sitting on the terlit! CLASSY!!! (LOL, Kayla just saw that part and said "EW" in a VERY mater-of-fact-serious tone of voice).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I LOVE YOU GEGE and I miss your face

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about your dad (have been away from home during almost the whole summer) but I am glad you are getting better. I know how it feels and the only medicine for that is time. Hold on there. :-)

    By the way, I love PSY's song and no, you are not the only woman who thinks he is speaking to you. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences to you!

    My dad's been gone 4 years (come the end of Oct). Dad's bday was Sunday. I totally empathize. Much peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you and will be happy whenever you feel like blogging! You add a bright spot to my day!

    kuddles

    ReplyDelete