Monday, October 27, 2008

Adventures in Bag Designing

Sooo...I've been designing and creating purses for a while now and am finally putting an update. I really love mixing and matching various colors to make beautiful combinations. So far, I've been using only Patons Classic Merino Wool. I have used Joann's Sensations Kashmira yarn and actually really liked that one, as well.

What I've learned is that crocheting is the easy part. Lining the bag, however.... argh. However, since I want these babies to look as beautiful as possible, and since I coerced my dear hubby to buy me a sewing machine last Christmas, I decided to put it to good use. (I'll post/rant about that p.o.shaving cream later....the machine...not my hubby...)

So, without further ado, here are the bags from the Gege collection thus far.

This bag is the very first one I created. I call it Johnny Five- and it's ALIVE! Ha! I slay me.

It's the key to unlocking my heretofore unknown bag-making, dare I say...oh I will... g.e.n.i.o.u.s. (Yes folks- the best quality of mine, and I have many good ones, is my humility. I'm very proud at how humble I am. And my spelling. I spell real good.) I added an interior pocket which was added pre-felting, so it is part of the entire purse fabric. This will be for sale on my etsy site....once I set that up. Hee.


This next one, I made for my sister. I really love the colors and the size of this one. There is an interior pocket, as well, and also a magnetic clasp to keep all the contents safe and secure. (This one won't be for sale....but her purse might be. Ha! Just kidding...the purse definitely won't be.)


This next one is the PGP bag- Purple, Green, Pink.



This one is actually not completed yet...I still need to line it and add a magnetic clasp. But, since I'm posting all my preciouses (yes, that's a word...just ask Gollum), I'm adding this one and will post an updated pic with the lining later this week.

Quick! Action shot! Whoosh!


These are the three soft handled bags that I've made. I'll make more since I like them, but I also really like the wooden handled ones, as well. My next post will showcase those ones. Peace out and word to your mother! (Oh yes, I'm sooo down with the homies. We go rolling often.)

3 comments:

  1. I really like your purse. I saw them on craftsters.

    I want to get into felting. Can I use acrylic yarns? All the patterns and tips I keep findign ssay to use wool, but I'm allergic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina! Thanks for stopping by! Yep- as far as I know, unfortunately you can only felt with wool. Acrylic yarns will not felt at all. Are you able to try wool blends? Pattons SWS is a wool/soy mix and felts extremely well. (I've actually not used it myself, but I've seen the results and they are beautiful.) If you are allergic to any amount of wool, then I'm afraid that won't work for you, either. :( Maybe you can force someone to make something out of wool for you and then felt it and you can claim it as your own. Have you recently saved someone from an imminent, gruesome and certain death from an international espionage ring and they owe you their life??? If so, call in that favor STAT! :) Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your crochet a lot. Your are so talented and have a sense of creativity.Your work is so neat and perfect. Thanks a lot for sharing your art on the blog pages.

    ReplyDelete