Sunday, January 23, 2011

Feed Me, Seymour!

This week, while mostly spent sitting on my butt either driving to/from or attending meetings, marked a turning point for me.  My appetite is slowly returning, my food aversions have abated somewhat, and I haven’t had my indigestion filled belching spells in about 5 days.  AND I picked up my hooks again this week. (!!) Woot!

I’m actually working on a Felted Watermelon Tote for my mother.  It was supposed to be for her birthday in September.  Then, it was supposed to be one of her Christmas presents.  Now….it’s looking more and more like a Mother’s Day gift.  Oh bother.  Actually, I’m heading back home next month for a short visit, so my goal is to have it completed- lined and all- by the time I leave.  Oy to the vey….wish me luck, y’all.

I must admit that I’m thankful my taste buds aren’t as mutinous anymore and are actually letting me eat some of my more regular, healthy foods.  One of my goals is to keep my weight gain in check and a healthy diet is so very important for this.  Unfortunately, the last few months haven’t exactly been filled with adequate fruit/veggies and whole grain, but the tide’s a changin’ my friends.  Thank the Lord since those foods are very fiber rich and I can definitely use more fiber in my life.  Seriously-I’m four months along yet my “baby bump” is actually more of a poop tummy thanks to my slower digestive system brought on by those awesome pregnancy hormones.   As I down yet another glass of Metamucil, I try to remind myself that the bloat is also my adorable little sweetums and I will soon grow into those maternity jeans I prematurely bought on clearance at Target. 

Here’s a pic of me two days ago.

Me, texting my sister: "Where's the baby??"  Her reply: "In your boobs?"

Even though there hasn’t been that big a change in my body so far, I’ve been worried about the changes that will happen ever since I first saw that second line appear telling me my urine had superpowers.  What the heck is going to happen to my body after I, ever so lovingly, expel a miniature human being out of my girlie parts?? I mean, your body cannot go through such an incredible change, growing, stretching, moving and pushing a 7 pound bowling ball out of a 2 inch hole (10cm is small, folks!) without leaving behind some sort of battle scars.  Oh man…what have I gotten myself into???

*hyperventilating break* *hyperventilating break* *passing out break*

*Deep breaths*

Ok.  I think I’ve composed myself again now.  (Ack! No! I choose to ignore you visions of stretch marks and cankles!)  I think I’ll be ok. Focus on the positive, Gege- eyes on the prize.  Finish the Watermelon Tote for your mom.  Mmmm….watermelon.  You like watermelon.  No, no!  Stop thinking about your stomach looking like a watermelon!  I have wool for you!  Yes….that’s it…..breathe it in.  Good girl.  Here’s some Metamucil for you…..you’ll thank me later.

5 comments:

  1. LOL Thanks for the chuckles! You will be just fine! And if you need more wool, come on over cause I have several tubs full!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oh man…what have I gotten myself into???"

    The best thing you and the Mister have done. This will be the most wonderful time of your life! It will NOT be easiest thing you've ever done. But, once you get the baby in your arms and breathe in his/her sweet breath you will be hooked for life. Nothing compares to bringing a new life into this world. The amazement that you and the Mister have created this little being, no words can describe how you will feel.

    Enjoy the ride, it's woth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!

    Kuddles- sahweeeet! A fellow woolly bully who has tubs full of the good stuff....offering it freely! My online Jedi mind control skeels must be improving....

    Tracy- thank you so much for that. I really can't wait to meet the little geekling- it's been a long time coming and I'm looking forward to the adventures he/she will bring. Except the poop. Must admit- not really looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Too bad you don't live closer (chicago) or we could do some major damage together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I have not been on the computer too much lately and this is the first time I have read your news!! How great!! AND as far as the body goes, if you are in good shape before and you don't use this as an excuse to eat every junk food you ever wanted, then you will do ok. I have FIVE kids (all well over 8 pounds each) and with the first 3 I looked BETTER after I had them!! I was wearing a size 7 clothes (I was way too skinny before I had kids and I did retain a little bit, but not much). Most people could not tell I had any kids if I didn't tell them!! In fact, I didn't get any stretch marks until I was pregnant with my 4th baby and that is becuase he was a whopping 10lbs 14 oz (yes, just short of 11 pounds!! and no, I did not have him naturally, unfortunately....as I did the first 3, then my last whopping baby was 9 lbs and 5 ozs!!) The last two of my babies, I gave myself license to eat a whole bunch of sweets and junk, which I didn't do with the first ones, and so after the fifth one, I did have to lose weight, which I started on when he was about a year old. I did lose all the post-baby weight, but it is just easier not to eat the junk in the first place...Also, if you breast feed, you will lose more of the baby weight, as our bodies, getting ready to nourish that precious bundle, adds extra fat to your body to store up for the nutrients that baby will use, so if you do not breast feed, then your body tends to hold on to that extra fat that it has saved for the babies nutriants!! My kids are all grown now and I get sad about it sometimes, those were some of the best and most fun years of my life!! To see this tiny little people that you and your honey helped to create and watch their little personalities being molded and each and every little thing that is new to them and so exciting to them......it is just magical!! Just listen to your body and pamper yourself, get lots of rest now and enjoy!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete