Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!

Yes, folks. I'm one of the millions who has fallen under the enchantment of Susan Boyle. I'm not ashamed to admit that the tears were freely flowing down my face- and still do- each time I see the video. I've been working on the pattern for my new bag and, for those of you who crochet/knit, you know that wet cotton is not the easiest fiber to work with. Sopping cotton notwithstanding, I absolutely cannot stop watching her! I've seen her video at least 20 times. I just wanted to smack those all those people who were ridiculing her at the beginning. Even if she had the voice of a bullfrog, nobody should be tormented like that. Ahh...but when that voice, that beautiful angelic voice, sang those first few notes, I was elated! She sure showed them!! She has shown the world. In all of my cyber-stalking of this woman, I keep on seeing the phrase, "don't judge a book by its cover." How true that is. And yet how sad to think that, if she did have a terrible voice, everyone would still be judging her by her appearance. I know that they'll end up doing a make-over on her in order to conform her to the world's standards of beauty. However, all they will be doing is revealing the physical beauty that has always been there in an attempt to match the gorgeous inner beauty of this woman.

I really do hope that the Lord just blesses the socks off of her. I hope she not only wins the competition, but that she also makes bundles in record sales and concerts. I really hope that a good man will come into her life- one who will love her for her and not just because she's now famous- and that she'll finally get her first kiss. Good luck Susan Boyle and may God bless you!

3 comments:

  1. I have watched her video many times too. I even MADE my husband come into my studio to watch iton my computer after the first time. I will be interested to see what kind of CD she puts out. And I will definitely buy it! BTW I love your Mario afghan. I played Mario on NES with my kids in the early 90s. One of my fondest memories ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also interested in her CD- I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for her. :) I'm glad you liked my afghan! Apparently it made it to Ngamer magazine...I think it's only available in Britain, though....argh. I loved seeing my mom play NES with us- she always seemed to think that by physically moving the control up and over, she could make her character jump over an obstacle....who knew she was ready for a Wii waaay before its time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that she doesn't change her physical appearance. That is part of her character. She really is a diamond in the rough. I too hope she goes to the top with a smile on her face.

    ReplyDelete